In order to provide our software at a discount we need to validate that you are eligible.
How does the verification process work?
There are several options to prove you are eligible for academic pricing. The fastest way is to use your school email address. If you do not have a school email address you may provide us proof of your academic status via an upload, email or fax.
Why do you need a school email address?
The fastest way to validate your eligibility is by using your school issued email address (i.e. ".edu", ".k12.org", etc.).
What if I don't have a school email address?
There are three ways to submit your information. The first way to submit your information is to upload it on this page. If you are not able to upload your information, you may email or fax your information to us.
If you choose the email option, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your proof of eligibility.
If your circumstances require verification by fax, please print your full name, telephone number, and email address clearly and legibly on the fax document. Our fax number is: 800-616-1603. If we cannot read your information, we will be unable to process the fax and the eligibility verification process will take longer.
We are able to verify your eligibility within 2 business days, if all required information is provided and is legible. If additional information is required, we will email you. Once we have received your information and verified your eligibility for the academic discount, we will process your order and send you an order confirmation with instructions on how to download your product.
How do I digitally capture or resize my documents?
There are many ways to digitally capture and resize your ID and/or documents; these are general guidelines for all platforms:
1. Capture a digital copy of the document(s) via a scanner or a digital camera
2. Save the file to your desktop
3. "Open" the file using image editing software, such as Paint (Windows), iPhoto (Mac) or similar products that may have come with your digital camera or scanner
4. Select the "Resize" option
5. Set width to 50%
6. Set height to 50%
• Your goal is to have the image be actual size or fit completely on your screen. The horizontal and vertical percentages must be equal for a proportional image. Unequal percentages will cause distortion. The documents must be legible.
7. Click "Ok"
8. View your image
• If the image is still too large repeat steps 4 – 6 using a lower percentage.
• If the image is now too small click "Edit" and select "Undo", then repeat steps 4-6 using a higher percentage.
9. Click "File" and select "Save As" on the top menu bar
10. Set Save in, located in the top drop-down menu, to "Desktop"
11. Name the file
12. Set "Save as type", to JPEG
13. Click "Save", if total file size is 3 mb or less it is ready for uploading
Why won't my file upload?
The most likely causes for uploading trouble are:
• Your file is too large (must be less than 3 MB).
• Your file is less than 3 MB but your internet bandwidth has limited capacity.
• Your file is not the correct format. Our system accepts the following file formats: bmp, doc, gif, peg, jpg, pdf, png, tiff, tif. Please do not provide Web Archive files.
Proof of eligibility
If you are not using an approved school-issued email address you will need to upload your proof of eligibility.
As proof of eligibility, please upload an image of your school issued ID.
ID must include your name, your school, and a current date.